The first time I bought sizzling plate, I was so excited that I didn't even bother to ask how to properly use it, especially for the first time. I thought it was no different than the usual plate, except of course it can serve sizzling dishes. So there I go, unwrap it, then wash it with water and soap, and then put it aside to dry. When I checked on it after a few minutes, my oh my! I was so devastated to find the sizzling plate all got rusty...so again I washed it, then rust again... I think I did the same for about 5x then finally tossed it in the garbage. I thought I bought a cheap low-quality sizzling plate. Goodbye sizzling sisig for that day!
Fortunately, the second time I bought a sizzling plate, it came with a nice piece of paper which spells the simple instruction of proper usage of sizzling plate. Salamat naman!
So here goes...
How to use sizzling plate:
- Before using the sizzling plate, it must be put directly to the burner of the stove to remove the carbon.
- Let the plate cool down before washing it with water, then wipe the plate using clean cloth.
- After drying the plate, it can now be used.
- After using the plate, wash using steel wool pads/scrubbers and soap. Rinse with water
- After washing, wipe the plate using a clean dry cloth.
- After wiping with a clean cloth, wipe again using cooking oil to avoid rust during storage. You may also use a tissue to wipe off excess oil.
*Repeat step 1 to step 6 everytime the sizzling plate is used.