Today is Meatless Monday :)
A no-meat yet tasty and healthy dish. I have always liked mushrooms, so you'll often find cans of it in our pantry. Mushroom goes well with many dishes. Sometimes i just simply stir-fry it with olive oil and garlic, and that's a meal for me already.
This is the first time I have combined mushrooms and kangkong. And it tastes good with a little oyster sauce as seasoning. Now, this is a new favorite!
1 cup whole mushrooms
1 bunch kangkong (water spinach)
1 white onion, chopped
1 red onion, chopped
2 tbsp oyster sauce
1 tsp sugar
1 pc green finger chili , chopped
salt and pepper, to taste
1/2 cup water
2 tbsp sesame oil
1 tsp hot sauce (optional)
- Wash and cut kangkong. Drain well. Set aside.
- In a pan, heat sesame oil. Saute onions, add mushroom. Cook for about 3 minutes.
- Add oyster sauce, water and sugar. Simmer for 2 minutes.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Add kangkong and chilis. Stir. Cook for 3 minutes. You may add hot sauce if you like.
- Makes about 4 servings. Enjoy!
Sharing this post to: eRecipeCards, Any One Can Cook,