|Lemongrass Clam Soup|
Having a tasty lemongrass clam soup is so comforting in a rainy day like this.
Some just simply put ginger in cooking clam soup. But adding lemongrass makes the soup superb.
Lemongrass, locally known as tanglad, not just gives a zesty lemon flavor but a long list of health benefits.
It has antibacterial and antifungal properties. It can be a remedy for fever and colds. It helps detoxify liver, pancreas, bladder and digestive system. It contains anti-oxidant which scientists believes help cure cancer.
And many more to mention...
Isn't it nice if you have a lemongrass herb in your home?
Now, let's have the recipe for the soup. Simple, fast and easy...
1 kilo clams
2 stalks lemongrass
1 thumbsized ginger, crushed
1 onion, chopped
2 cloves garlic, minced
2 ripe tomatoes, chopped
4 cups water
fish sauce, to taste
1/8 tsp ground black peppercorn
2 tbsp cooking oil
- Wash clams. Drain.Set aside
- In a pot, heat oil, saute ginger, onions, garlic and tomatoes.
- Toss in clams, then water.
- Pound the white part of the stalk of lemongrass, then tie or knot the stalk.
- Add the lemongrass. Season with fish sauce and ground peppercorn
- Cover and simmer for about 5minutes. Turn off the heat, then add the chili leaves.
- Serve hot. Enjoy!