|Ginataang Puso ng Saging|
This is a really simple and easy to make recipe, you'll be needing only a few ingredients.
Pork is usually part of the ingredients,but I skipped it this time. Instead I made use of hibe or dried shrimps to give this dish a tastier flavor.
1 banana blossom/bud (makes about 2-3 cups when thinly sliced)
2 cups coconut cream
3 cloves garlic, minced
1 onions, chopped
1/4 cup hibe or dried shrimps
2 pcs siling haba/ green finger chilis
1 siling labuyo/ red bird's eye chili (optional)
salt or fish sauce, to taste
- Remove some layers of the bud (these are the dark and fibrous layers), until you reached the lighter colored and softer part.
- Thinly slice the bud crosswise, and soak it in a bowl of water with salt to remove bitterness and discoloration. Then squeeze dry.
- In a wok or pan, heat the coconut cream with the onions, garlic and dried shrimps (no sauteeing needed). Bring to boil while constantly stirring.
- Then add the sliced banana blossom.
- Season with salt or fish sauce, as preferred.
- Add chilis (add more if you wish)
- Cook for about 10 minutes or until banana blossom is tender.
- Enjoy.Serve with rice!
Linking to : eRecipeCards, Weekday Potluck, Any One Can Cook, Petit Chef
Please visit these interesting food blogs as well:
Sassy Chef Recipes and Reviews, The Twerp and I, Picture Clusters, Olla-Podrida,
Cookin' Up North, Kat in the Kitchen, Bizzy Bakes, Miz Helen's Country Cottage,
Concetta's Cafe, I Live To Eat!, Cooking With K, Talking Dollars and Cents