|Ginataang Hipon sa Kamias |
(Shrimps in Coconut cream with Kamias)
I've been having a delightful endulging week of seafoods. Now its time for the shrimps!
Among the seafoods this is my favorite. Bubba of "Forrest Gump" would agree with me :)
He said: "Shrimp is the fruit of the sea. You can barbecue it, boil it, broil it, bake it, saute it. Dey's uh, shrimp-kabobs, shrimp creole, shrimp gumbo. Pan fried, deep fried, stir-fried. There's pineapple shrimp, lemonshrimp, coconut shrimp, pepper shrimp, shrimp soup, shrimp stew, shrimp salad, shrimp and potatoes, shrimp burger, shrimp sandwich. That- that's about it."
Now, Bubba, I'm gonna let you try not just a coconut shrimp, but shrimps cooked in coconut milk with kamias. Once again, kamias never failed to give this distinct taste in my dish, just a perfect tinge of sourness and not too overpowering for you to still taste the creaminess of coconut and fresh sweetness of shrimps.
1/2 kilo sugpo (big shrimps)
1 1/2 cup coconut cream
12 pcs fresh kamias
1 thumb-sized ginger, crushed
3 cloved garlic, minced
1 red onion, chopped
salt and black ground pepper, to taste
1 siling haba (green finger chili), chopped
2 siling labuyo (red bird's eye chili), chopped
- Wash shrimps. Trim. Drain well. Set aside.
- In a pan, pour in the coconut cream. Toss in kamias, ginger, onions and garlic.
- Cook over medium heat while stirring constantly to avoid curdling. Bring to boil.
- When the coconut cream is cooked and thick, add the shrimps.
- Season with salt and ground pepper.
- Cook for about 3 to 5 minutes.
- Add chilis if desired.
Have a great weekend!