This is a very simple budget-light meal. But since it's loaded with chilis, I bet you'd want some rice with it.
But if you're not so fond of chilis, you may lessen it. I stir-fried the vegetables with sesame oil, which adds a nice flavor and aroma.
|Spicy Stir-Fry Kangkong with Bagoong|
2 tbsp sesame oil
2 tsp bagoong (shrimp paste) ~ i used the sweet chili flavored bagoong
3 cloves garlic, minced
1 onion, chopped
2 ripe tomatoes, chopped
2 siling haba (green finger chilis), chopped
1 red siling labuyo or bird's eye chili, crushed (optional)
2 tbsp water
- Cut and wash kangkong leaves. Then put in a bowl of cold water.
- In a skillet, heat olive oil. Sauté onions, garlic and tomatoes.
- Add the bagoong, siling haba and 2 tbsp water. Cook for 2 minutes.
- Drain the kangkong leaves.
- Add kangkong to the sauteed mix. Stir. Cover and simmer for 3 minutes.
- Garnish with red siling labuyo, if preferred.
- Serve with rice. Enjoy!